Saturday, September 13, 2014

Let's Go Camping


Store: Urban Outfitters | Location: Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL
This is definitely one of the more complex displays I've seen. And by complex, all I mean is that someone (or more people) had to actually assemble this structure together. I'm assuming that this didn't take one day and one person to make. Other than that, the display as a whole is quite simple but still makes a statement. This display is the first thing that you see when you walk into the men's section and the first thing I thought of was that it looked like a cabin so I immediately got a very outdoorsy, camping vibe from it. The outfits definitely capture the camping essence and make an outdoor activity look very stylish. It almost makes me want to go camping too, but I'd still rather just stay inside in the comfort of my own home. If they weren't going for a camping vibe (but I'm pretty convinced they were), these outfits were clearly getting ready for fall.
I love this display because it shows that they had a vision and they accomplished it. It also shows how creative they are and that they are willing to step out of the box and do something different from other retailers. 
I think this display was very well proportioned and balanced. The mannequins are perfectly centered in the middle of the structure, so it makes everything symmetrical. The structure itself gives a lot of height to the display, which emphasizes that whole cabin theme and really makes you feel like you're in a cabin. With that being said, it entices customers to see what merchandise is 'inside' the structure, which gives it a nice rhythm or flow. All these principles work together to make the display unified. 

No comments:

Post a Comment