Monday, September 8, 2014

Transitioning into Fall

Store: Urban Outfitters | Location: Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL
Urban Outfitters is one of those stores where you know the mannequins are going to be in the coolest outfits and I was not surprised when I saw this display. Like the previous stores I mentioned, Urban is also clearly ready for the fall season but it isn't fall just yet so they've demonstrated three outfits that are perfect for that transition into cooler weather. Knee high socks, lightweight outerwear, and ankle boots? Hello almost-Fall! I also really liked that the main theme for these mannequins was transitioning dresses (with the exception of the floral one; it's a romper) into the upcoming fall weather.
I love in-store displays like this that get straight to the point. No fuss, no props, simply just the outfits. Sometimes that's all you need to make an impression. 
Since we just learned about the Principles of Design, I thought about which ones would apply to this display. I didn't think it was that proportioned since each mannequin is on a different level, so it doesn't make the display that balanced. Though it is balanced in the sense that the two outer mannequins both have actual legs (while the middle one does not) and they both have some sort of outerwear on, which unifies the whole display.

No comments:

Post a Comment