Friday, November 28, 2014

A Pink Holiday

Store: Louis Vuitton | Location: Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL
I was immediately drawn to this Louis Vuitton window because of the bright pink/magenta color. I was kind of scared to get a closer picture of the window though because someone was sitting right by the cash register, so this was as good a shot as I was willing to get! But I loved this window because despite it being the holidays and going for traditional holiday colors like green and red, they went with a completely different color that has very little to do with the holidays! If you look closely though, the pink and gold ribbons form a present shape around the purse that is being displayed, so it's still holiday themed in that sense! Pretty creative! 
This window definitely has a lot of emphasis from the bright colors, and flows nicely because of the shape/pattern that the ribbons are placed in. I think since there really is no rhyme or reason to the placement of anything else in this window, there isn't much to say about it being proportioned or balanced. But for a pretty small window, they worked with what they had and were still able to present a successful, eye catching display.

2 comments:

  1. I love that pink was used because it's not your typical holiday color. I think it was super creative and eye grabbing to use the pink and gold together. It really does draw immediate attention to the window display. Also it was super smart of them to put the purse inside of the clear box really compliments the rest of the window display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this window! Louis Vuitton always has the most prestigious windows. I also know that you mean that you didn't want to get closer because you were afraid an associate would see you. I felt this exact same way every time I took a picture. I felt as if I was invading their space.
    However, you still were able to capture an amazing picture of the window display! I love the way the designer of this window adds balloons in different heights. It creates a balance in the window and is also very eye-catching. Great job photographing another amazing display, Amy! You rock!

    ReplyDelete