Friday, November 28, 2014

Joy to the Cozy

Store: Loft | Location: Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL
This window was so fun! I loved the bright green and red gift boxes, as well as the snowy trees on both sides! I think this window did well in terms of the principles of design. The differing heights of the mannequins add some proportion, it's well balanced and flows nicely, and emphasis is put on the huge poster of sweaters that is in the middle of the window.  
What I didn't like about this display was the signage/wording. Just looking at this picture, you can barely even read the "Joy to the Cozy" wording. It actually took me awhile to figure out what it said just by zooming into the picture. I think it would've been better if they moved some of the wording on either sides of the windows where they have that blank space with just the bare wall showing.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the signage being positioned wrong. I could barely tell what it says, it really takes away from the overall appeal. I thought the rest of the window was really balanced out and proportioned very well! The props play a very important role in that telling us this is a holiday window instead of just a sweater display.

    ReplyDelete