Wednesday, November 26, 2014

One Square Will Do the Trick

Store: Tommy Hilfiger | Location: Chicago Premium Outlets, Aurora, IL
This display from Tommy Hilfiger definitely caught my attention from far away because I couldn't tell what it was so I had to get closer to it in order to see what it was all about. I thought this was such a clever way to display as much merchandise as possible without it looking like it was overkill, or cluttered. It definitely helps that everything is neatly placed and folded a certain way. And even though this square filled with product, plus the Black Friday signage are the only things in the entire window, it still makes such a huge impact on the people passing by it. I think if they were to add more to the window, it would just distract from the original emphasis of the display, which is the square of merchandise. 
In terms of the principles of design, there isn't much to base anything off of, but I will say that it's definitely proportioned, balanced, and has rhythm from looking at al the different products that are being displayed.

1 comment:

  1. I love how unique this window is! Can't say I have ever seen anything like it, which definitely peaks my interest and makes me want to take a closer look- as I'm sure it does for many shoppers. It's almost like a real life version of a Holiday collage, I think it is an awesome idea. Like you said, a really clever way to display a decent amount of merchandise in a small space without looking over crowded.

    ReplyDelete