Friday, December 5, 2014

Black Fiveday

Store: Aritzia | Location: Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL
Things have come full circle with my blog! Started off my first post about an Aritzia window display, and now I'm ending with my last post on another window by Aritzia! But I digress.. 
This window proved yet again that even the simplest concept/theme can still be very impactful. From far away, the silver parts that are hanging almost look like rain droplets (which I think is what they were going for?), so I was eager to get a closer look at the window. They definitely highlight the scale of this window and how large and proportionate it is. I will say though, the placement of the red Black Friday promotion confused me. I didn't like how some of them were covering the mannequins, and I also thought it was a bit repetitive to just plaster the same signs twice. I think two would've been fine and that way, they wouldn't have to cover the mannequins so much. I also think that having the branch lighting on only one side makes the window not as balanced or symmetrical. They should've added one to the other side! Overall though, this window to me was still really great and it showed that you don't always have to put out extravagant, flashy displays to draw people into your store. Simplicity is key is what I like to say!

1 comment:

  1. One of my blogs from before Thanksgiving time was at the exact same Aritiza so it's cool to see that they change up the display in a whole new way every time they change it! I agree with you that these simplistic type of windows stand out, especially since it is so large. The rain drop looking design element is very cool and shows a repetition that I would like to see more as the emphasis. However it seems like at this time Aritizia was trying to display the sale signage as the emphasis of the window. I am also confused of it's placement with the signage like you are. It almost seems like the display was for other purposes and then the signage was slapped on before the big "Black Five Day" sale.
    If we were to look at the display without the sale signage I think that it would be a fantastic display. It would have the repetition of the rain drops, balance with the mannequins, and rhythm from the rain drops and the mannequins from side to side and up and down.The only thing to change, like you mentioned, is maybe adding another branch to the other side to balance the display.

    ReplyDelete