Friday, December 5, 2014

Bright Lights

Store: H&M | Location: Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL

This window from H&M that I saw over Thanksgiving break was definitely not to be missed. I honestly think it had the brightest lights out of all the stores at Oakbrook. It was that bright! I loved the outfits on these mannequins! All of them were very cozy and loads of layers, which was perfect for this cold season! 
In terms of the design principles, this window was sort of all over the place for me. It definitely had emphasis to catch people's attention from all the bright lights, but my only issue was that the mannequins were blocking the huge graphic behind them, so it was a bit distracting not being able to see the picture in full view. I think if that portion was just gold like the rest of it is, this window would've definitely felt complete. I also just noticed that on the right side of the window, there is some wording that is very difficult to read. I definitely think there could've been something done about that, but regardless of everything I've just said, I still think this was a great window because it grabs your attention immediately, which I think is what H&M was aiming to do.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even realize there were graphics behind it until you said something... I'm dead. That's so funny! Yeah, the really should have explored different levels to make their picture more apparent.

    ReplyDelete