Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Neutral Ground

Store: Zara | Location: Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL
Zara is one of my favorite stores so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed by their window displays. There were three windows that caught my eye and this is one of them. I love this one because the fall theme they were going for is very clear. They're definitely ready and gearing up for the coming fall season with all the layers, and if it wasn't obvious already, they're showcasing neutral shades like beige and ivory as a fall trend. Which I am not opposed to at all. Loads of fall inspiration was gained with viewing this display. 
Compared to the window display from Aritzia, which was very complex with all the shapes, this window catches the viewer's eye strictly based on the outfits. Zara's overall aesthetic is very clean cut to begin with, so having a busy window display wouldn't entirely suit them. They have to style the mannequins well in order to captivate the consumer. I also liked how they placed signs at the bottom of each mannequin that had a product list and price of what the mannequin was wearing. I thought that it could work as both an advantage and disadvantage for Zara because whatever price the consumer sees on those signs can determine whether or not they will go in the store to find that item. 
One other thing that caught my attention about this display was the placement. I was very confused on the placement of the mannequins. I thought it was strange that they grouped three of them together and left one by itself. To me it just looks like the three that are grouped together are plotting against the lone mannequin. Maybe, maybe not. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment