Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Autumnal Colors

Store: Chico's | Location: Shoppes at College Hills, Normal, IL
This is one of the displays I saw around the Shoppes at College Hills that I liked because of the color story. It's really hard to tell in this picture since it was really bright out and this was the only angle that I could get a decent picture, but each outfit has a pop of that magenta-red that can be seen on the first outfit on the left. Other colors that were present in this window were olive green, dark orange, and some browns and reds. I'm immediately drawn to windows that have a clear color palette so it was no question that I had to get a picture of this one! It's just a shame that you can't see it well in this picture!  
Other than the mannequins and the shutter backdrop, there was nothing else in the window which is pretty boring to be honest. I think when this is the case, you really need to style the mannequins well since they're the only thing that you'll be looking at. So I thought that they did an excellent job because each outfit has enough on it that they aren't too boring and will make you want to stop for a minute to examine them up close.  
In terms of the Principles of Design, this window was somewhat balanced. I would've liked if all of the mannequins were facing the same direction, but I think in a way since the two end mannequins are both facing outwards and the middle two mannequins are facing forward, it makes the display balanced in that sense. The shutters give the display some height and differing proportions to the mannequins and you get emphasis and rhythm from the color story.   

No comments:

Post a Comment