Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Sweaters and Denim

Store: Target | Location: Shoppes at College Hills, Normal, IL
I was having a browse around Target and stumbled upon this display. It caught my attention because each outfit had the same structure to it; a sweater and jeans, and they were all in similar shades of cream/ivory. This display definitely wanted to showcase the different styles of sweaters and denim pants they have, which I thought was done well. I love that they put the rack of sweaters right next to the display so it would be easy for customers to find if they were looking at the display and liked what one of the mannequins was wearing. I actually hadn't noticed that the rack was there when I was looking at the display in the store and only noticed it after uploading this picture for this post. It certainly adds more visual interest to the display, especially because of the colors that are present in the rack.  
If you're looking at just the mannequins and disregarding the rack of sweaters, I think this display was definitely well proportioned and balanced because the mannequins are aligned and the same height, and having them on the platform elevates the display and gives them more height. Looking at the display as a whole and including the rack of sweaters though would make it somewhat disproportioned and imbalanced. You get emphasis from the shades of cream/ivory and rhythm from the differing colored sweaters on the rack, so overall, this display was pretty unified.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you said about the display being proportioned and balanced, it certainly looks very put together. I often forget there are displays in Target that play a big role and and I think these mannequins really help to display the merchandise in a fun and unified way. I see what you are saying about the sweaters being distracting…it does take away from the overall display.

    ReplyDelete