Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Green Christmas

Store: Zara | Location: Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL

I'm so glad to be home for Thanksgiving break! I've only been home for two days but I've already managed to go to the mall! I was excited to see what Zara has done with their windows for the holidays and I was not disappointed when I saw this one! It's so magical and very holiday themed without it being so in your face and cliché, which is what I love about it! They played with different shades of green for the outfits, which I thought was new and refreshing because I never would have thought to pair dark green with pastel green. They definitely showed that it can be done well! 
In terms of the principles of design, I sort of feel that this display was all over the place. To me, it isn't very balanced and nothing is placed symmetrically. The two mannequins on the left are kind of just hangin' out in the corner over there, and I'm confused as to why they put the one mannequin behind the lights. I did however find that emphasis was brought to this display through the color scheme, as well as the fairy lights. The lights are definitely what made me want to stop and just stare at the windows! The placement of the Black Friday signage was a bit odd to me though because it was kind of difficult to read. But it was still smart of them to advertise that they would be having sales on Black Friday. Interestingly enough, my sister and I asked what their Black Friday deal/promotion was going to be and they told us that they aren't allowed to say. Talk about exclusive!

1 comment:

  1. The last time I was home I saw the Zara displays for the Fall season and they had the same sort of mannequin line up and I felt disappointed as well! I understand they are drawing attention to the fake lashes with the mannequin faced side ways, but I still agree that it feels awkward. I also agree that the signage in this window was not thought out. The gold signage on the window does not stand out against the gold emphasis display nor can it really be seen with the lighting. Then on top of it they have that little dinky Happy Holidays sign and what looks like price signage just tossed on the floor. Unfortunately Zara did not do the best :(

    ReplyDelete