Friday, November 7, 2014

Fall Fashion

Store: H&M | Location: Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, IL

I love this display, but there are also a few things that I don't like about it. I'll start off with the positives. It's hard to tell in this picture, but I loved the color scheme of the outfits. The color palette consisted of black, olive green, and blush/ballerina pink. The woman in the huge poster on the left was also wearing olive green, so it really helped to tie the whole display together. I loved this display because it was fairly simple, but still impactful. The way the mannequins are aligned grabs your attention because they almost form a sort of mini army of mannequins. I think also since they are so close together, it makes the color scheme very clear (just wish you could actually see the colors better!)  
What I didn't like about this display was that it wasn't balanced. I'm all about perfect symmetry, so having the small "Fall Fashion" signage on the bottom right throws everything off. I did however just notice from looking at this picture that the backdrop behind the mannequins is further back than the poster with the woman, so it gives the display some depth. In terms of proportions, you can definitely tell that the window is very roomy, so I liked that they were able to fill it up but not make it look cluttered or crowded. As I've said in my previous posts about Zara, I like how they have some of the prices displayed in the window because it not only informs people that are passing by the window, but it also may push sales if those people choose to look for the item in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment